Mid-Missouri Pagan Pride Day September 7, 2014
Is at Peace Park ,which is located at Elm and 7th - Columbia, MO - on Mizzou Campus.
The annual festival in Columbia Missouri coincides with hundreds of Pagan Pride festivals around the globe that take place to celebrate the diverse nature of our faiths and to embrace acceptance and education for all. This year, in Columbia, Missouri, Mid-Missouri Pagan Pride is sponsoring the festival for education and acceptance known as Pagan Pride Day on September 07, 2014. Our focus this year will be “Building Community Heart to Hand.” Stand with us and take our hand so that together we can build a supportive community.
Check out what Columbia Faith and Values E-Zine had to say about Mid-Missouri Pagan Pride Day 2013.
Every donation is a gift and helps us move toward these goals.
Featuring Dorothy S. Modrzyk
Schedule of Events
- 12:00 PM - Opening Ritual presented by Naofa Tintean - In the Ritual Area.
- 12:30 PM - Facilitated Drum Circle - Bring your drums and your noise makers. - On the Stage.
- 1:00 PM - Drumming Communication 101 with Victoria Day. - On the Stage.
- 1:00 PM - Archaeological Influences on Pagan Practices with Charlynn Walls. - In the Workshop Area A.
- 2:00 PM - The Baraka Project - Live Music and Dancing - On the Stage.
- 2:30 PM - How to Publish Children's Books with Lyon Martin. - In the Workshop Area A.
- 2:30 PM - Embodying Elemental Energy with Victoria Day. - In the Workshop Area B.
- 3:15 PM - Special Presentation by Dorothy Modrzyk- "Pagan Community - Then and Now" - In the Workshop Area A.
- 4:00 PM - Gaia Rain - Live Pagan Music. - On the Stage.
- 4:30 PM - Giving of Oneself: A Discussion on Offerings in a Modern World with Swain Wodening. - In the Workshop Area A.
- 4:30 PM- Tslagi Dance of Life with Aislinn Firehawk - In the Workshop Area B.
- 5:30 PM - Kemet 101 with Porsha Williams. - In Workshop Area A.
- 5:30 PM - Intro to Religio Romana with Camilla Laurentine. - In Workshop Area B.
- 6:15 Closing Ritual - Closing Ritual presented by community leader Aislinn Firehawk.
Our T-shirts, which feature our distinctive Mid-Missouri Pagan Pride logo, come in several colors, and sell for $20 are going fast. Interested? Email us for color and size information more information!
We are always looking for volunteers throughout the year: before, during, and after Pagan Pride Day. Volunteers help us with all sorts of things, from flyer distribution and post-event clean up to website maintenance and fundraising! It's an excellent way to put some service hours into your community, meet new people, and gain valuable skills. Interested? Drop us a line via email!